The Lead Instructor for Non-Turbine Training (NTT) at Aero City Jets (ACJ) will provide piston aircraft flight instruction, customer service and on facility assistance to the ACJ administrative support staff.
- Provide Flight and Ground instruction to ACJ clients in a variety of piston aircraft in line with ACJ SOPs, ACJ Syllabi and The Aviation Instructors’ Handbook.
- Maintain appropriate training record keeping.
- Provide current and perspective clients appropriate and accurate information that reflects the mission and values of ACJ.
- Engage with current and prospective clients to ensure their scheduling expectations are met.
- Allocate clients to suitable independent contract instructors when appropriate.
- Work with Angel City Flyers 141 Chief Pilot and ACJ Jet Training manager to continually review, develop and improve ACJ NTT SOPs, Syllabi and training materials
- Check the airworthiness of aircraft through daily visual inspections and take appropriate action for discrepancies.
- Monitor presentation of aircraft by feedback to the clients and instructors and maintain an appropriate cleaning schedule with approved vendors.
- Scan and email aircraft and simulator dispatch sheets on a daily basis to the ACJ admin support team.
- Keep the appropriate avionics databases up to date and make the appropriate logbook entries.
- Ensure that aircraft are hangared in line with owner expectations.
- Monitor the dispatch scheduling system to ensure accuracy for training, rentals, maintenance and appropriate student record keeping.
- Ensure the facilities are secure at all times.
- Order and maintain supplies for clients to include appropriate training material, snacks and drinks.
- Manage the facility so it is kept clean at all times and communicate with the cleaning service providers and general facility maintenance providers.
- Reposition aircraft as required for ACJ operational purposes.
Qualifications & Experience
- FAA CFI, CFII and MEI Certificate
- Prior instructional experience and G1000 instructional experience
- Self-motivated, resilient, persistent, and highly detail oriented
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong telephone skills
- Demonstrable ability to forge effective relationships internally and externally
- Department: Training
- Reports to: ACJ Director
- FLSA Classification: Exempt
Aviation, Training, Customer Service, Information Technology & Services
$35,000 base plus $35/hr instructional pay. Instructional expectation is a minimum of 80 hours per month.
Hayward Executive Airport (KHWD), Hayward, California